IRCTC Indian Railways catering and Tourism Corporation of India has some rules to be followed for cancelling of there tickets. Based on time and Train traveled the refund money will change. IRCTC is now other leading online official website of Indian Railway for booking the seats, Check the availability of seats, check PNR status, Food Booking, Cancel the reserved Ticket confirmed and etc. Lakhs of people daily travel through Train for their daily purpose and also many passengers use train for their Long tours journey.
Cancellation of Rail ticket is easy if you have an IRCTC account. There are different refund methods from Indian railways which deepen on Indian Train traveled distance and Time of Departure of Train. Refund money process is different for both of.
For E- Ticket
- For Sleeper Class/ Second Class Rs. 20/- per ticket with service tax
- For 1AC, 2AC, 3AC, CC, 3E, FC RS. 40/- per ticket with Service charges
For I- Ticket
- For Sleeper Class/ Second Class Rs. 80/- per ticket with service tax
- For 1AC, 2AC, 3AC, CC, 3E, FC RS. 120/- per ticket with Service charges
For cancellation of ticket before one of journey will fall as shown below
- RS. 120/- for AC first/ Executive class
- Rs. 100/- for First class/ Ac 2 Tier
- Rs. 90/- for AC chair car/ Ac 3 tier/ AC 3 Economy
- RS. 60/- Sleeper class
- Rs. For Second class
Cancellation in less than 24 hours of journey will be 25% off on you paid amount for any seat. Cancellation of Ticket within four hours of Journey, this depends of KMS traveled by Train and 50% of amount will be deduced from original amount.
- Upton 200 KMS, 3 HRS time limits will be given
- From 201 kames, 6 Hrs time limits will be given
- Over 500 Kms, 12 Hrs time limits will be given
If Train reaches the station then only Rs. 30/- will be given to them respectively for all the seats booked.
IRCTC Refund status check for general current booking and tatkal:
Follow the procedure to know the refund amount status from your IRCTC account online.
- Firstly go to IRCTC official website
- Then Login with you riser ID and Password
- Click on My Transaction option given
- Then choose Refund Status of Canceled Ticket
- Then all details of Cancelled ticket will be shown
- Then click on Transaction ID of ticket which you want to know.
Please note the general or current booking tickets are eligible to get refund there is no possible to get refund tatkal booking as per the IRCTC rules