How to get Passport you have lost or Forgotten

How to Get Passport if you have lost or forgotten – Get a Duplicate Passport…
Indian Passport is Passport issued to Indian citizens for traveling abroad. This is issued by the government of India. As per Passport Act 1967 it bearer to Travel aboard and serves as an Identification card of Indian citizen. Passport is issued at 162 missions aboard and 37 locations in India. The ministry of external affairs will be functioning to serve and issuing to all eligible Indian s those who applied. People from Any area can apply for a passport by submitting an online request form.

 get Passport you have lost or Forgotten
get Passport you have lost or Forgotten

Go to the nearest Passport Seva Center to get your Passport issued by submitting all your required documents. There are different kinds of Passport like Regular Passport, Official Passport, Diplomatic Passport,s and Hajj passports for Muslims. The passport serves as an identification card for fellow Indian citizens through pout the world. It contains all your basic information though one can find you out. Different kinds of Passport fee will be applicable for issuing different Passport which starts from Rs. 1500 /- to Rs. 3500/-.

How to get Duplicate Passport – if you have lost or forgotten

Who has lost or forgotten can follow the below procedure to get your old passport by submitting and request a letter online

  1. Firstly go to Passport online official website

    Click on the link

  2. Then in the “Service desired” option on the home page click on the “New Passport in lieu of Damage/Lost Passport” link

    Fill the application form correctly and get the Slot booked

  3. You need to dual sign the application with the last paper as notarized

    Go to the nearest passport office and submit your documents required

Passport will be not issued for second loss/Damage easily, an esquire will be held to issue the second lost passport. Documents given should be valid and contain all additional information required.

Documents required:
Below are documents that need to be submitted along with the request application form

  • Application dual signed by applicant
  • Old passport photograph (if any) / FIR copy
  • Identify proof like Aadhaar card, Ration card, voter id card
  • Notarized application attested by officer
  • Date of birth/ study certificate
  • Documents contain the date of issue/date of expire/ passport number of old passport

Given documents must match all the details present in the lost passport. All submitted documents must be signed by the applicant

Must ensure that you’re having a photograph of your passport lost which is a mandatory document. All the documents submitted must match the details like Name, Address, and Date of Birth of the presiding Passport.  The government of India will be strictly considering the re-issue of duplicate passports.

  1. Can I get a new passport if I lost my old one?

    If you meet all of the conditions, including submitting a completed application form signed by your guarantor: an adult in Canada or the United States, we may issue a new passport ( PDF, 421.64 KB )

  2. How do I apply for a lost passport?

    For more information, call 1800 258 1800 or go to the Passport Seva website. You can apply for a passport “re-issue” by submitting the relevant documents with your passport application form. You can also reapply for a passport using the internet. Visit this blog to learn how to apply for a passport online.

  3. How long does it take to reissue a lost passport?

    The full application process for a reissued passport often takes about 15 days. The complete process takes roughly 7-10 days if the application is filled in tatkal format.

  4. How do I download a duplicate copy of my passport?

    Download the E-Form for a passport | Use the Passport Form to apply. Applicants who use an eForm must first download a soft copy of the form, fill it out offline, and then upload it. PSK/RPO will not accept the printed version of the eForm.

  5. What do I do if I lost my passport years ago?

    DS-64 form (Statement regarding lost or stolen passport)DS-11 is a form that you can use to keep track of (Application for U.S. passport)Evidence of citizenship* (e.g. birth or naturalization certificate)A photocopy of the proof of citizenship.ID that is currently in use (in person)