IMU CET Detailed Notification 2017 and IMU-CET Online Application Registration, IMU-CET hall Ticket 2017 Results with Complete Details at http://www.imu.edu.in…
Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai, is going to invite IMU-CET 2017 applications through online for admission to following UG/PG programmes of Academic Year 2017. The Indian Maritime University (IMU) was established on 14th November 2008 as a teaching and affiliating university under the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India, located in Chennai as headquarters. Indian Maritime University (IMU) will conduct common admission test (IMU-CET 2017) for admission to its UG and PG programmes at its 36 affiliated Institutes from this year onwards Computer based or online exams will be conducted. Candidates who are eligible and interested to get admission into these can go through the below details.
IMU CET Syllabus 2017 for Undergraduate Programmes (UG Courses)
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
- B.Sc (Maritime Science)
- B.Sc (Nautical Science)
- Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science)
IMU CET Syllabus 2017 for Postgraduate Programmes (PG Courses)
- MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
PGDME (Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering)
Eligibility Criteria & Educational Qualifications
Candidate should hold minimum 60% (PCM) and 50% (English) in 12th class. B.Sc (Any of these Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Electronics) passed with 55 % marks.
For Post Graduation courses B.tech candidates should hold with 50 % in English. B.Sc- 3 years: 60% (PCM) and 50% (English) in 12th Class. For B.Sc in Ship Building and Repair only 50% in PCM. B.Tech Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture: 60% (PCM) and 50% (English) in 12th Class. 2nd Year lateral entry candidates should have pursued Marine or Mechanical or Naval Architecture or Electrical in diploma.
For PG Diploma in Marine Engineering Candidate must hold 50% in B.tech/ B.E course or program. M.Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Candidate must hold 60 % in B.tech in Mechanical /Civil Aeronautical/Marine/ Naval Architecture. MBA candidate must hold 50% with any stream. LL.M (Maritime Law) candidate must hold 50% in any law degree.
- Candidates applying for DNS, needs to have passport before the admission
- Lateral Entry in to B.Tech program is still in process by the IMU and no admission will be there till further notice
- For UG programmes candidate should have minimum age limit of 17 years old and should not exceed maximum age limit of 25 years old. Age relaxation will be applicable as per government norms.
- For PG programmes candidate must have minimum age limit of 20 years old.
- General category students need to pay 1000 rupees entrance test fee
- Reservation category students need to pay 700 rupees application fee
How to Apply – IMU CET Online Application 2017 Registration
The IMU CET 2017 applications will be available in official website. The IMU CET application procedure will be given below.
- Open the IMU official website www.imu.edu.in
- Click on the IMU CET 2017 application form link
- Enter the required details without any mistakes.
- Submit the form and take a copy of print out for the application form.
Filled application form can be sent by post to the following address with required documents on or before the closing date.
Indian Maritime University,
East Coast Road,
IMU CET Important Dates 2017
The IMU CET application forms will be available from march onward and it will closes at April
The IMU CET computer based test will be conducted in the month of April or May
The IMU CET counselling will be scheduled in the month of July