TS Food Security Card – Ration Card is given to each citizen of Telangana state by the state government. It is a cheap way of getting basic home commodities and resources for livelihood. There are three types of Ration cards give to people who live above the poverty line, below the poverty line, and Rich. This card serves also as an ID card for applying for different forms and applications in any manner.
Well, every ration card need not be made correctly. Most of the time you might get some errors in your card which might be an error in Name, Address, Age, Member, or other details. So, it is very necessary to confirm and rectify the mistake and error which can be updated through Ration card corrections. Any Telangana citizen who has got wrong slept Name, Address, Caste, Location, Mandal can now apply to change and update those mistakes.
Telangana Ration card corrections Information:
Before getting into how you may change your Ration card or update it with necessary corrections, you have to know what corrections are to be made. Here I have listed some of the corrections which are mostly seen and updated generally.
- Address – Location, Home Address
- Name – Wrong spelling of name of any member of family in card
- Age- Wrong Age of Family member
- Caste Change
- Member Addition – Adding a new family member to ration card
Member addition can be used to add another family member to your present ration card in Telangana state. This can be used for adding a newly born child or Bride.
Required Documents for Ration Card Corrections and Update:
Along with the corrections to be made you will also have to upload or attest some important documents mentioned below. All documents are required for respective corrections or updates to be made in your ration card.
- Address Change – Address Proof like PAN Card, House Land Papers
- Name Change- Birth certificate
- Date of Birth or Age Change – Birth Certificate
- Caste Change- Caste Certificate
- Member addition – Marriage certificate for adding bride and Birth certificate for adding New born child
Telangana Ration Card Change, Corrections and Updates Online
After viewing the required documents and correction to be made section, now you might know which update must be done in your present TS Ration card. Likely you will have to follow the online process for ration card correction will also include going to the MeeSeva center.
- First, you will have to download the Ration Card correction application form from MeeSeva online website
Next, download the form and fill it accordingly with the correction to be made
- Then give the attested documents along with the Application form to the MeeSeva center nearby
Now the Operator will apply for correction through Mee Seva center and give him a Service charge of RS.35/
- Finally, take the application slip number for checking the status
application slip number for checking status
You might also follow the manual way of submitting Ration card correction which is not following nowadays.
- What is the processing time for the Telangana Ration Card?
The processing time for the application and verification along with card issuance takes up to 30 days.
- Can the application form for the Telangana Ration Card be submitted online?
No, the application form for the ration card can only be downloaded from the website of the MeeSeva portal. However, the application form must be downloaded, filled, and submitted to the nearest MeeSeva office.
- What are the types of ration cards offered to the citizens in Telangana?
The ration card in the state of Telangana is offered in three categories depending on various factors such as the income of the family, the number of members in the family, etc. The three categories of ration cards are AFSC, FSC, and Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cards.
- How much time does the department take to process and issue the Ration card in Telangana?
The processing time for the issue for a Telangana ration card is approximately 30 days.
- How to submit the application form for issuance of a new TS Ration Card online?
You cannot submit the Ration card application form online, although you can download the application form online from the official website of the State Food Department.