Indian Passport is a unique identification card for citizens of India to fly abroad. Any Indian who wishes to go abroad must have a Passport. The government of India will be issuing for the Indian citizen in and out of India at its various centers. There are about 180 centers abroad and 37 centers in India which issue. Passport also serves as an identification card in Indians for any purpose. There are different kinds of passport-like regional, diplomatic, and Hajj Passport for Indian Muslims only.
Passport will be issued by the ministry of external affairs with the government of India centers. Now the ministry of external affairs has announced for issuing of a passport if he posses the Aadhaar card. This department has now decided to issue basic Aadhaar card identification and the National Crime Records Bureau database for validation of criminal antecedents. With is identification proofs will be issued within 10 days of applying.
Procedure for Applying for Passport:
This is the procedure to be followed to get in exactly 10 days of filing the application form. So follow this procedure carefully.
- Firstly register yourself on the Passport Seva center official website
- IF your new user click on “New User” and fill in all details Name, Email Id, Date of Birth
Now you will have a unique Login Id and password
- Now log in with your User name and password
Click on Apply Fresh/ Re-Issue of the link given on the home page
- Now select the online application filling link
Click on the “Apply for Fresh Passport ” link and fill in the details there
- Fill the application carefully without any mistakes
Once filled you can save your data and access this page again with a password and user name
- Now Schedule your appointment and Pay proceeding fee
Select the exact convenient time and print of Application receipt
- Go to your nearest Seva Kendra with the receipt and other documents
You will receive your passport within 7 days
Required documents to Submit
- Aadhar card, voter id, electric bill
- Study certificate of 10th and 12th standards
- A letter from your college principal
- Date of birth certificate
Instructions to Applicant
You need to apply by following the above procedure given. Make sure you have attached your Aadhar card with your required documents. If all documents are required to contain the same name, address, and date of birth you will be issued a passport within 10 days including the police verification process.
- What are the fees for applying for passport?
Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (36 pages) of 10 years validity.
Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages (60 pages) of 10 years validity.
- How do I apply for a visa and passport?
Follow the above steps to download visa and passport
- What are the minimum documents required for a passport?
Photo passbook of running bank account in any public sector bank, private sector bank and regional rural banks.
A voter ID card.
Landline or postpaid mobile bill.
- How many days it will take to get a passport?
When a normal application is filed, the passport is issued to the applicant within 30-45 days while if the application is made under the Tatkaal mode, the passport is issued within 7-14 days.
- What is a surname in a passport?
n the passport, there are only two parts to furnish the name of the passport holder. The “surname” appears first. The actual name comes next under “Given name”. Different systems are followed in India in giving a name to a person.